Learn to Play
Did you know that more adults in New Zealand participate in golf than any other sport, there must be a reason for that! We certainly believe so.
- Meet lifelong friends in a fun and relaxed environment
- Challenge yourself, physically and mentally
- Learn a sport that will offer enjoyment for the rest of your life
- Low impact exercise that works your whole body and definitely your brain
- Enjoy the feeling of achievement and success
– Addiction guaranteed
- Join a club, make friends and interact with like-minded people
Golf is not an easy sport to learn but accept the challenge, commit yourself and allow our professional team to help you through one of our introductory programmes. Put in some hard work and you are guaranteed a fun and rewarding game for life.
The Russley Golf Learning centre is built upon our goals to introduce more and more people to our great sport in a relaxed yet professional way. Join one of our programs or book a lesson with one of our golf professionals, you will never look back!
Learn to Play Program & Membership
Golf can seem terribly complicated to the uninitiated. So many rules, so many different kinds of clubs. And then there's the lingo: birdies, bogeys, bump-and-runs. At the Russley Golf Shop & Learning Centre, this may be the language we speak every day, but we also know it's a language that can scare prospective golfers off before they ever pick up a club.
That's where our Learn to Play comes in. To those who are new to golf, our goal is to shepherd you through this uncertainty. How do you swing the club? What club do you use for chipping? When do you know that you're ready for the golf course? The whole point of Learn to Play is to guide you step by step through the basics of learning the game to a point where you feel confident stepping out on the course for a game. Learn to Play combines a quality 14-week coaching program run by a PGA coach with a 3 month membership at the Russley Golf Club.
Learn to Play is $520 and includes:
- A 14-week coaching program - The program is 14 one-hour group lessons (6-8 participants). Sessions 1-10 are conducted on the driving range covering the basic fundamentals of the game (putting, chipping, pitching and full swing) and sessions 11-14 are held on course. Our next program is starting Sunday 22nd March and will be held over 14 weeks on Sundays at 1pm.
- The 3-month membership generally starts at the completion of the program. If you are feeling confident about your game during the coaching program and would like to start playing on the course earlier, this is also an option. The Learn to Play membership offers afternoon access to the golf course from 12pm onwards Sunday to Friday with access from 4:30pm on Saturdays. Please note this membership is for course access at Russley and does not include an NZ Golf handicap.